Friday, October 15, 2010

Karma slapped me in the face!

Never (ever ever) say never! Remember the blog where i said my kids were really good kids and never ever had given me a minutes trouble? Well, I didn't knock on wood fast enough! Karma came and smacked me right in the face!

We got a call at 130am in the morning the night of our fabulous defeat (USC BEAT DOWN ALABAMA! HA!) and our precious innocent (yea, right!) son was in the custody of the Rock Hill Police Department. WHAT? WHAT??? Are you kidding me?

So apparently, he and 8 other boys thought it would be fun to run around and egg every moving and still thing in Rock Hill on the wee hours of Saturday/Sunday evening. They went through about 10 cartons of 18 eggs until the last egg was dropped, on a cop car of all places! Karma kicks .....they were all handcuffed and parents called. Oh how embarrassing!!! My precious child did what again? What part of the brain is not working properly to think this was an ok Saturday night, I am bored, lets go be juvenile delinquents idea? Needless to say, writing that in my blog was karma working at it's best.
Josh was thrown into the back of the police car and had to sit there for at least 30 minutes waiting for his (very ticked off) father to pick him up. He is grounded for an undisclosed amount of time and we are the most unreasonable parents on earth, in his opinion these days.
Yes, it could have been worse.They were not charged with anything and alcohol and/or drugs were not involved, thank goodness! They made stupid decisions without any (other than their own brains) substance messing up their judgment.I do know they learned a very valuable lesson and their decisions do have consequences. I hate Josh is missing the Kentucky game with his dad this weekend. He gets to sit in our living room and watch the game, with me. Lucky boy....lol! He is missing seeing his cousin in the Navy who is driving down to meet Martie and Margo to see the game.  I really hate being a parent and having to follow through. Not fun.So ... this weekend, I get to be the responsible mother and follow through with the punishment of the boy child. We are going to have him do some community service, just not sure what it is yet.Any suggestions? Just let me know.

Next weekend is homecocming at RHHS! Brooke is in the court so we will do some shopping this weekend to pick out her homecoming outfit. And we might go to the Renaissance Festival tomorrow. But whatever we do, we will be back in time to watch the Gamecocks beat Kentucky!












No comments: