Monday, October 13, 2008

:) Beautiful Carolina Day and the state of American Politics

You couldn't ask for a more beautiful Carolina day! The kids are out of school and the weather is just absolutely beautiful.

I was on the Gayle King (Oprah's best friend) XM radio show this morning. It should air tomorrow morning on XM 156. That is, of course, if they don't edit my call out. Here is my comment on XM this morning.
Both candidates are promising all this change that will take place. I think there is bi-partisan agreement that real change is needed in Washington. But....is there really going to be any change? Are the politicians all rhetoric talk??
I think Washington is just trying to change Washington. Nothing is going to change....why should it? No one is ever held accountable.
For example:
The AIG executive vacation controversy.... Why is it that executives (that have a company in dire trouble) can afford to go on an executive retreat most people only dream about...to the tune of $444,000.00? The next day, the government gives them another 38 billion dollars. Hello???(this is where Gayle thanked me for my call, See ya and bye)
The problem is this .... AIG has given substantial contributions to both political parties ensuring both parties would be in their pockets. Money talks. They will not be disciplined, won't pay it back, and there will be no change.
I don't know a solution. I don't have enough money to get anyone's attention (other than my dogs, all i need to do is wave a Greenie and I am the best human mommy EVER!) to change it. They are all bully's....
Quoting Desperate Housewives: "There are bully's everywhere and the worst are the ones that take advantage of you without you ever knowing what they have done."
So - that is my .02 cents for the day! Not that it really matters.

Oh well.....what are we going to do.? I guess I will just go out and enjoy the beautiful day! I think I might make a yummy dinner for my family!

:)

No comments: