Friday, October 3, 2008

My first ever blog

Hello world! I am going to start a blog. Everyone is doing it, so me being the kind of gal that likes to do what everyone else is doing, will blog.
I am not really sure what a blog is actually. I think it is just random thoughts for the day and what is going on in my life. So here goes.......

Who am I? Well, I am Kim Willaby: 40 years old - I know, it really sucks being 40, but it is what it is right? And 40 is the new 30, so they say. I still feel 18 on the inside. :)
I have been married for 18 years to a wonderful guy named Martie. He is in the telecom business. I got a good one! He is a wonderful husband and a fabulous daddy. He helps around the house and supports me in most of what I want to do. We have 2 beautiful children, Brooke (15) and Josh (13). I also have 4, 4-legged babies. 3 dogs, Jovie, Jake and Katie and a beautiful black long haired kitty named Toulouse. Katie is a full blooded standard dachshund. Jake and Jovie are her babies. Literally. We think Jake has jack russell in him and Jovie has beagle. Perhaps, Katie was the neighborhood dog prostitute so I am not really sure what they are except precious! My welcoming committee is warm and wonderful! Katie belonged to a neighbor, wasn't being taken care of , so she decided she would live with us. Sleeping in dog bed was much better than sleeping under a trailer. She literally kept coming to our house with her puppies behind her and try to sneak in the house. She eventually won the battle and the neighbors said we could just keep her. So we did......enough about the dogs. I am a little fanatical about my animals. I love them!
I won't talk much about my kids and their whereabouts. I am a bit worried some weirdo will track them and take them from me. My biggest fear is that something would happen to my children. I cannot imagine the pain that people that lose their children go through.

Brooke is a cheerleader and in the 10th grade. She is extremely smart, loving, loud, creative and beautiful. It amazes me everyday what a wonderful woman she is turning out to be. I wonder what she will be when she grows up! She is driving, but not well. It is scary to her mother!

Josh is a competitive baseball player. He is on the Bonecrushers travel team, playing shortstop and pitches. He is a doll! Very loving, cuddly, stubborn, and tenacious. He doesn't give up on something when he wants it. Sometimes that is good and well, sometimes bad when it is something we don't want him to do. He will make someone a great employee one day because he always gives 100% to everything he does. Except maybe math.

I own my own business called the Upscale WeeSale. It is a semi-annual children's consignment sale. I do it twice a year (hence the semi) and love what I do. I only wish I could find a place that is big enough to hold it that has good parking and good lighting. It is always an issue. I wish I could just build my own building, but that would be too expensive. My last sale was fabulous! Best ever! But all my laptops were stolen - that was a bummer, but insurance did cover some of it. I wish it hadn't happened because it was a really stressful sale after that happened. It was National Lampoon WeeSale. It was one thing after another.....I am really glad it is over!
They did catch the ding dongs that broke in and they are in jail. I just don't understand dishonesty and mean people.

I am a member of the Junior Welfare League. I am the cookbook chairman and just got back from a conference in Nashville at the Opryland Hotel. What a beautiful hotel! I have so much to do to get the cookbook marketing plan in order. Maybe I should be working on that instead of writing this.

I love to travel!!! I have been to England, Italy, Switzerland, France, Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic, Mexico, Costa Rica, Canada, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Cayman Islands, St. Thomas, St. John, and all over the USA. My 2 favorite places are Rome and Prague. Beautiful places with so much history! Costa Rica is up there too....the Arenal Volcano is really something to see! But at heart, I am a beach person and love to feel the sand between my toes.
We have a beach condo on Ocean Isle Beach in NC.

We go to North Rock Hill church. Great church if you are looking for one! God is very important in my life and I couldn't get through the day without HIM! I don't know how people get through life without Faith. I am not a good debater though. Once I tried to explain to an atheist why I believed in God. I wasn't too good at it. All I know is that I would rather believe in Christ, die, go to heaven and be right than to be a non-believer, die, and go to heaven and be wrong! That would be a one way ticket to h-e-double hockey sticks! :) I am so funny.....
Truly though.....God is good and I am a very blessed person!

I am a conservative Republican. I think Sarah Palin is fabulous! What a wonderful candidate John McCain picked! She is adorable - but smart! I really have extreme concerns about Obama. I just cannot imagine the damage he could do with the democratic congress and house. I don't understand the obsession with him. What is he the anti-christ? They do say that the anti-christ is from Muslim decent. Just kidding....i don't think he is the anti-christ! LOL!

I am not really sure if anyone will read this.

So - this weekend is busy for me. Martie is at the SC vs. Ole Miss game in MS with 10 of his oldest friends and frat brothers. I hope SC wins. They must pull this one out to have any decent season. We are avid Gamecock fans. Never miss a game (martie anyway) and even though our team has it's up and downs, we will never falter!!!! We have successfully brainwashed our children. They are crazy fans like their parents. Orange is banned in the Willaby household. We have a general dislike for Clemson (as most Gamecock fans do!) and so do our children. :) We have taught them well. I think you will admit that all orange teams are obnoxious. I do have some friends that are Clemson fans. God love them.....we all have our faults I guess. Lol jk!


Brooke has a cheerleading competition tomorrow and Josh has a baseball tourney in Lexington. He is spending the night with a teammate and going with him to the game since I have to stay with Brooke. She has 4 friends spending the night ..... oh boy! Why did I agree to that?

So that is it for today. I need to be productive......have a great weekend world!

No comments: