Saturday, October 4, 2008

Today's events.....

I had a great day! I spent 8 plus hours at the NWHS gym today. I watched lots of cheerleading squads preform. My daughters JV team did GREAT! I was so proud of them! They dropped a couple of the stunts, but they were so together and have come such a long way this year. I am so proud of them.
The cheerleading world has gotten so competitive and so athletic. I have probably dropped at least 500.00 in tumbling lessons for my daughter in the last 6 months, to get her back hand spring. She still doesn't have it by herself. Irk! She has it fine when the instructor is standing beside her (and doesn't touch her) but the minute she does it alone .... can't do it. It is all in her head! I am tired of spending money on this when I know she can do it.
But anyway.....all the squads were great. RHHS varsity hit every stunt and did fantastic! I was really proud of them. NWHS varsity dropped a couple of stunts and still placed 2nd! Helllloooo???? There is something wrong with this picture. They did great, but not a 2nd place finish. RHHS did not place. However, one of the judges practically jumped up and down after NWHS girls finished their program. It was so obvious. IRRITATING~! The RHHS girls got so robbed. I know it sounds like I am just an irritated parent .... but Brooke is on the JV team, not the Varsity team. They should have placed and the judge should not have been a NWHS fan. Something just seems a little fishy. I feel bad for the girls because they deserved to have placed. I hope their confidence doesn't falter because they are a great squad.

The Gamecocks won today! Yeah!!!! They needed that win on the road. Martie had a great time and he said the fans were really nice. That shows a lot of class....something other teams should practice. I might consider a road trip to Mississippi if the fans are nice. I don't like going to away games when the fans are rude and ugly. In my experience, this has always happens with an orange team. So, at this point in my life, I am out when it is an away game to an orange team. This includes: Clemson, Florida, Tennessee, Virgina, and Auburn. I can't seem to stop running my my mouth to rude people. It is very difficult for me.....I tend to speak my mind at the horror of my husband. I get shushed alot. For those who know me....this shouldn't come at any surprise.
I am rewatching the USC/MS game right now and it is kinda fun watching the MS team thinking they are all that when I know they lose in the end. HA!
Kentucky is next week. I don't think they are very good, but that doesn't matter sometimes with the Gamecocks. They usually play to their opponent. I don't understand that. We have some incredible athletes. I wonder if the Chicken Curse is real???? Maybe we have turned the corner.
Josh's team is 1-1. He went 2/4 in hitting today. I leave early in the morning to watch him play at 11:00am in Lexington. I really love watching him play baseball. I get so into the game and usually feel sick at my stomach in a close game. I used to hate baseball. Now I love it, but only when my kid is playing.
Blog 2 ... done!
K

No comments: